Thursday, July 13, 2006

Omaha Film Festival screening number 1

Tonight's OFF special screening went extremely well. We showed some great films and everyone in attendance really seemed to enjoy what we showed. Of course we picked the best of the best to show, so how could they not like it, right?

It was cool for me to see so many people from various parts of my life in once place together. At various times during the evening I had to stop and think before I introduced people to each other... hmm, do they already know each other or not? Interesting scenario and lots of fun.

The shorts we showed were "Spin", "Mantis Parable" and "End of a Dog". I've seen "Spin" and "Mantis Parable" literally twenty times each and love them each time. I've probably seen "End of a Dog" a half dozen times and it still cracks me up. Great short films. I'm proud to have had them at our festival this year.

The features we showed were "Scared New World" and "Half Nelson". I've seen "Scared New World" four times now and enjoy it every time. Having met yahn soon (writer/producer/lead actor) makes the film even more enjoyable. The soundtrack is absolutely amazing and the cinematography in some of the scenes is outstanding. Very enjoyable film and everyone seemed to really enjoy it. Since "Half Nelson" is a new Think Film release, I hadn't seen it yet but really enjoyed that as well. Ryan Gosling proves again how great of an actor he is, but as amazing as he was, he met his match with his young co-star Shareeka Epps. I'm sure we will be hearing much more from this young lady in years to come.

I'm looking forward to next week's screenings as well. Should be lots of fun. Thanks to all who came out tonight and I look forward to seeing you back next week. For those that couldn't make it, make sure you come next week. How often do you get a chance to sit on a couch, eating pizza and having a waitress refilling the beverage of your choice, while watching fantastic movies on the big screen?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page hit counter