Saturday, April 29, 2006

7th Annual Student Film Festival 2006

Pete and I got back from Lincoln a while ago after checking out ten short films put together by this year’s Johnny Carson School of Theater and Film presented at the Ross Theater. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. I went in with fairly low expectations (this is film school afterall) and I truly enjoyed all of the films that were presented. Most of the films tended toward comedy and the crowd was definitely into them. There were a couple that were more dramatic and they were a nice change of pace in the program. There were some very nice visuals in a lot of the films and the future looks bright for these filmmakers. On a down note, I will say that I saw more boom mikes in shots in 1½ hours than I have in my whole life, but hey, this is film school afterall, right? For me, that actually added to the comedic elements of some of the films.

It was nice seeing Jeremy, Tory and Trace again and good meeting Matt and Chris after the films. I’m looking forward to working with each of them on our upcoming short film “Wisdom”. More on Wisdom in the upcoming days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page hit counter