Tuesday, January 08, 2008

The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron

Had a pretty cool evening tonight. A new small group of local artists started meeting tonight and we’ll get together every other week. We’re going through the book The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron and the purpose of the group is to encourage each other and help hold each other accountable through our various artistic endeavors. One of my major goals as we go through this group is to hopefully force at least one of the five feature film screenplays that are in my head out and onto paper. If I have a group of people that I have to answer to on a bimonthly basis, hopefully that will be enough to help ‘guilt’ me into working through that process. Wish me luck.

1 Comments:

Blogger BryGuy said...

Hey King Penguin,
I am actually reading Julia Cameron's book too! Its pretty freakin' sweet! I am in week 4 right now. I am interested in your bimonthly meetings that you guys are holding. I don't know if you are open to adding another member. Let me know what you think. I am volunteering at the Omaha Film Festival, so if I don't hear from you sooner, I'll probably see you there at some point. Thanks,
Bryan

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web page hit counter